This “MUST HAVE” list of Indoor Activities for KIDS offers a combination of easy bond building and creative fun.
Not only do KIDS love these activities but we love them having wholesome fun that makes happy memories! This list is packed with 50 activities that can be enjoyed at home with very little preparation & are budget-friendly.
I’ve even included a free printable activity checklist for you!
Make a special drink to share
Today, I am excited to share 50 kids’ activity ideas that are free to low cost. For the most part, they are tried and true “mess-free” suggestions.
You can even give your kids the list and have them use it as a “boredom buster” with siblings or when they have friends over!
If your kiddos are like mine, they feel happy and valued when you spend time with them. Cherishing those SIMPLE moments of laughter and joy that we have together.
At-home spa bath foot soak
Printable KIDS Activities List
Whether you are looking for new ideas, or just want to bring back some classic fun.
I’ve made this list into a printable page (at the bottom of this post) for you and left a few blank checkboxes so you can add your own activities.
- You can give your kids the list and let them pick the next activity or you can surprise them.
- Another fun idea is to print the list, cut each activity separate, fold in half and place in a jar or basket and randomly pick one!
Crafting always makes the perfect indoor activity
Indoor Activities for Kids- Ideas for Quality Time
- Decorate your table for a “special” meal together (make a place setting tags, placemats, thank you treats & use special dishes).
- Make up your own “special” occasion or holiday (design your own name for your day & ideas to make the day your very own)
- Have a random “crank up” the music, sing & dance party!
- Family board game or cards night (kid’s choice).
- Video chat with someone who may need a friendly smile.
- Pick a simple project to create together & learn “how to” online, from a book or magazine.
- Tell your kid(s) several ways they are AMAZING & watch them beam!
- Write a story & have your child design the illustrations (or vice versa).
- Schedule a date to share a favorite beverage together.
- Play a game of “would you rather” or 20 questions.
- Give your Kiddo a foot rub, foot soak, or back rub.
- Have an indoor picnic on a blanket (invite your child’s favorite stuffed animals)
- Plan an at “home movie” night (kid’s choice) with popcorn & cuddles.
- Card game sampler time “pick 3 different card games to try” (ex. Rummy, Uno, Go Fish, Memory, Crazy 8’s)
- Have them pick out a new recipe & make it together.
- Do stretches together (or try light exercises).
- Take selfies together while cooking, taking a walk, or cleaning the house (tell them @ bedtime that it was your favorite moment of your day).
- Make paper airplanes & fly them together.
- Read a chapter book together.
- Write “positive praises” sticky notes all over their door or room.
- Living room sleepover “camp out” with flashlights & stuffed animals.
- Make a video of interviewing your kiddo (pick a question or topic).
- Sing a song together or make one up.
- Cuddle! Cuddle! and Cuddle!
Which Activities will be their Favorite?
- Make a special meal for them (add heart shapes), serve on a tray & eat in your living room.
- Hold them as they fall asleep.
- Make a card together (or create a picture) for someone special & send it out in the mail.
- Have them help make a menu & grocery list
- Make a seasonal or special event scrapbook together
- Indoor water play in a sink, tub, or bowl
- Make a date for an early “special” breakfast together.
- Make a table display or art project with items collected from nature (talk about the textures, colors, scents) -acorns, flowers, leaves, twigs, pinecones, snow, etc
- Learn a word or two (how to spell, use in sentence & definition)
- Look on the map & pick a place to learn about (watch videos, read or visit)
- Play a game from the past “non-electronic” (Cats in the cradle, Chinese jump rope, Hopscotch, Marbles, Jacks, Dominoes, etc.)
- Build Legos or blocks together
- Make bookmarks for your favorite books
- Race Hot Wheels (make your own track or ramps)
- Learn new things about the “weather” (about seasons, weather terms, or conditions)
- Plant seeds, plants, or herb garden indoors
- Play “I Spy with my Little Eyes” game
- Style each other’s hair
- Put together a puzzle together (try a large one you can work on all week long)
- Create an indoor scavenger hunt or hide the button game
- Play a few paper games “great for travel” (tic tac toe, dots & boxes, Pictionary, word search, hangman, maze, etc)
- See how many “tongue twisters” you can come up with (Say Can You Say? Book)
- Find an old cartoon to watch or comic book to read
- Bird watching (make and set up a bird feeder, or take a walk in a park or nature trail)
- Make a treat together for someone special and deliver it
- Serve others together! Make a donation or make plans to volunteer and help others!
Indoor picnic with favorite Stuffies
Here is the PRINTABLE Kids ACTIVITY LIST FOR YOU to Download
Supplies for Indoor Kids Activities
For most of the activities, you will be able to use supplies you may already have in a home.
For items you may not have or want to try, I will post links below to where you can purchase them online and have them delivered right to your door!
Your Kid(s) will LOVE these activity books!
Creative Books for Indoor Kids Activities
Are you looking for an activity book for school-age kids that SPARK their imagination?
Both of my kids love having fun with their WRECK THIS JOURNAL, CREATE THIS BOOK #1 & we JUST purchased CREATE THIS BOOK #2!
Set up a game table with cards, books, and board games to promote random play!
Pin now for later
Classic Games for Indoor Kids Activities
Pin Now Save for Later
We would LOVE to hear your ideas and your family’s favorite “at home” activities!
Please COMMENT below to SHARE with us ~ What is your child’s FAVORITE activity from this list? What is one activity you have yet to try but want to?
Kim & the tween team