If you are looking for ways to CELEBRATE your child look no further. Here’s a list of ideas for creating “A Happy Birthday” that KIDS will always remember!
Pin Now to Save for Later!
Memory Making Ideas for the Ultimate Kids Birthday
One that is loaded with 25 ideas that may be done right at home! These MEMORY MAKING ideas are budget-friendly & sure to make your child smile all day long!
Today, I am going to share some FUN ideas from our own recent memory-making KIDS birthday celebration! Ideas for creating a special day that costs nothing but your time & creativity.
25 memory-making activity ideas that are SIMPLE and create fun & joy! Some that are sure to become a new family tradition! Here is a printable list for you of The Happy Birthday KIDS List!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
THE JOY OF CELEBRATING OTHERS
Repurpose an old chair as the Guest of Honor seat
I love CELEBRATING friends and family by hosting parties for them on their special days. The entire planning process is exciting, creative, and joyful. Designing the menu, making the guest list, decorating, cooking, baking, and even set everything up the day of the event.
As they are being CELEBRATED & feel loved and appreciated? Being surrounded by their closest friends and family as we honor them. It’s at that moment when you realize all of the planning and preparation was worth it!
WHERE TO START? –
PLANNING for the Happy Birthday Kids Celebration
1. Spend a few hours the day prior to prepare for the SPECIAL day!
2. Print this activity list out and highlight which ones you think your child would like!
3. Decide which activities you need set to prep prior. (I did separate the list to make it easier)
4. There’s not a lot of prep time that goes into the day just a good solid activities list so you can move from one activity to the next smoothly.
5. Be sure to take lots of photos to make a mini memory book. Keep it simple, enjoy & have FUN!
MATERIALS for the Happy Birthday Kids Celebration
- Items you already have around your home to create decorations
- Recyclables or items to upcycle for games
- Paper, pen maybe markers or stickers
- Their favorite drinks and snacks
- Tape & glue
- Card/board games, books, or activity sets
TOOLS for the Happy Birthday Kids Celebration
- Computer & printer for printouts if you don’t want to hand-make decorations & coupons
- Phone or camera for photos
The Happy Birthday kids Celebration List!!!
These Steps Require a Bit of Prep
1. Start the day off by bringing them breakfast in bed!
2. Designate a special birthday plate or cup just for them.
3. Make a birthday placemat just for their table setting.
4. Set up a special table centerpiece (you can use photos of them or decorate with items they have made).
5. Make handmade decorations and birthday cards.
6. Make “YOUR CHOICE” coupons for activities (Read a book to me or play a game, outside play)
7. Give them “PAMPER ME” coupons for back rubs, bubble bath, home manicure, or a relaxing DIY FOOT SOAK
Number #8 just may be their Favorite
8. Give them a pass on their chores for the day!
9. Make a SPECIAL birthday chair! (See our upcycled chairs in photos)
10. Create a drawing on an item as a gift just for them. (good job for siblings, mine designed and personalized a folder)
11. Bring them their favorite snacks throughout the day like this yummy one here – Chocolate Treats Recipe “Sprinkles & S’mores”
12. Crown them King or Queen of the day.
13. Make a CARNIVAL STYLE game(s) from things you may already have at home. Using recyclables or upcycling items. Ring toss, tin can crash, shooting gallery with Nerf, bean bag toss, disc throw, frog jump, etc! Make them together & play!
These Steps Require No Prep! (Just need a CAMERA)
14. Take little “CELEBRATION MOMENTS” like random bursts of singing and dancing!
15. Pray a blessing over them!
16. Let them sit at the head of the table (they will have everyone’s focus and attention).
17. Give them the gift of organizing an area in their room that could use a helpful touch.
18. Watch the sunrise or sunset together.
19. Ask them interview-style questions (video a few to keep the memory).
20. Take a birthday selfie with them to remember the special day.
Number #21 is my Favorite to Do!
21. Have the family/friends tell them one thing you love about them (it usually turns into a lot more than just one). If not in person then maybe use videos, live chat, or type and print them out.
22. Take a walk together (We walked around the yard looking for signs of the season!).
23. Create something TOGETHER!
24. Play follow the leader and let them lead.
25. Make it a 2-day CELEBRATION! Why not! It’s free! The only cost is that of our time!
“BUDGET FRIENDLY” Happy Birthday! -Kids Gifts
If you are looking for a nice budget-friendly gift, I will recommend any type of book! Because the sky is the limit when it comes to choices. Here’s a great list of choices for ages 6 and up on my post- Amazing Creative Learning Books for KIDS or for gifts for preschooler age see this post-Classic Wooden Toys: Parent & Child Approved.
The following are three of our FAVORITE activity books! These are our “GO TO” books for creating something together.
You have to check out these books if you have school-aged kids! Head over to
YouTube for Moriah Elizabeth’s design videos for all 3 books!
They make the Ultimate Kids Birthday gift because they are a lot of FUN and promote creativity!
Just click on the PHOTO above to VIEW or BUY CREATE THIS BOOK
Click on PHOTO above to VIEW or BUY WRECK THIS JOURNAL!
I have linked this PHOTO above so you can VIEW or BUY CREATE THIS BOOK 2!
You may also like
Thank you for stopping by today, we hope that you have found a few simple, fun ideas that you want to try!
Please share with us by commenting below which ideas you think your child(ren) would love the most.
Kim & the tween team