Join us in making these mini SPRINKLE DONUTS that are the perfect clay craft for KIDS! Turn them into jewelry, magnets & bookmarks! Only a few materials are needed for this fun project that your KIDS are sure to love!
My KIDS & I are excited to show you how we made these cute mini clay sprinkle donuts. In this post, we will share with you how to make the donuts & decorate! We will also offer 11 ideas on what you can use your clay donut creations for.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Can I Craft with my Clay Donuts?
After you have added a thin coat of Mod Podge to seal in your clay donut here are a few ideas…..
**Please note that we use E6000 glue to adhere our clay pieces to magnets, rings & hair clips. We recommend an adult doing this part. It stinks till it dries but it holds up very well.**
- Necklace– Like our chocolate frosted with chocolate sprinkle donut necklace shown above. Just bake an eye hook into your donut then add a jewelry eye ring & attach your chain.
2. Candle jar– We used jute string to tie this donut around a mini glass jar (the donut had an eye hook baked into the top). We added a battery-operated tea light candle & some clay sprinkles inside the jar.
3. Earrings – For dangly earrings insert an eye hook into your clay prior to baking. For post earrings just apply a strong glue like *E-6000 (caution strong odor – apply outside) to your post & donut after your clay has baked & cooled.
4. Ring– Here is a cream-filled donut that was glued onto a ring.
5. Jar Toppers – Hot glue your clay donut to the top of the lid for a FUN jar topper.
Necklace – Insert an eye hook into the clay prior to baking, Once it is baked & cooled add it to your necklace!
6. Magnet – After your clay is baked & cooled, glue your donut to the front of the magnet.
7. Bookmark – Just place a paperclip partially inside the bottom of your donut before you bake.
These would also make a Super nice gift!
8. Hair Clip– just glue your SPRINKLE donut onto a ribbon-lined clip.
9. Handmade Cards – Just glue your donuts to the front of a card & add a FUN saying like “Donut you know you’re AMAZING! & gift your creation to brighten someone’s day!
10. Doll Food – Just make your donuts the size you wish for food for your Barbie’s, 18-inch dolls, or any size you wish. You can even set them up with a “Donut Shop”
11. Keychain-just push an eye hook into your donut before baking. Then add an o-ring to attach your keychain.
Materials for Clay Craft for KIDS!
Tools for Clay Craft for KIDS!
- Oven preheated to 275*
- Timer for baking (15 minutes)
- Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Round clay tool or anything round you can poke a donut hole with (pencil eraser)
- Extruder Craft Gun tool for SPRINKLES
- You can opt to paint your SPRINKLES on with acrylic paint & a thin paintbrush
How to Make Clay Craft Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 275* & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Pick out what colors of clay that you want to make into donuts
- Decide what size you want your donuts to be or just make a variety of sizes for crafting
4. Roll your clay into a ball
5. Flatten the ball down to the thickness you want
6. Make a hole in the center of your clay. Flip your piece over to make the hole even on both sides
7. Take your fingers & smooth your clay
8. Lay your donuts onto your lined cookie sheet. Don’t forget you can make donut holes & filled donuts, too!
Bake, Cool & Seal your Donuts
9. Place your lined cookie sheet with your donuts into the preheated oven
10. Set your timer for 15 minutes (this time is based on pieces 1/4 inch thick or less) Read your clay package instructions for times if your clay is thicker.
11. Remove your baking sheet from the oven & let cool. Until the clay has cooled your creations will not be fully hardened.
10. Add your frosting & toppings! Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to seal your clay creation!
Toppings for your Clay Craft Donuts
Unless you want to keep your donuts plain here are a few easy ways to decorate them.
- To add a glaze or frosting we used our favorite White Fabric Paint. Just add a drop of acrylic paint to the fabric paint to color your frosting.
- You could paint your frosting/icing onto your donut with acrylic paint. (Perfect for younger kids!)
- Or just glue your toppings on your donut using Mod Podge
How to Make Fake SPRINKLES!
Another FUN clay craft is making these colorful fake SPRINKLES that go perfectly on top of your clay donuts!
You May Also Like
Pin Now to Save for Later!
Please Join Us on Pinterest!
Shop Our Favorite CRAFT & DIY Supplies for KIDS!
Here are our FAVORITE art & craft supplies for KIDS! They have been KID tested & Mom approved! These items will be used in countless craft and DIY projects that we will be sharing with you! I have added the shopping links to the products below so you can have these items on hand as well!
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint (extra bottles of white for the look of icing)
- Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint by Plaid (even though it’s very inexpensive we have never had a problem with coverage or paint drying out.
- Kassa Watercolor Set – Painting Kit for Kids & Adults – Bundle Includes Water Brush Pen (3 Assorted Sizes), Water Color Paper (30 Sheets) & Watercolor Paint Set (21 Colors) – I can not say enough about the quality of this set – and it is mess-free!
4. Sculpey Polymer Clay – I could do an entire post just on the different things my kids create each week with this amazing clay!
5. Air Dry Clay by DAS– This is the easiest to work with brand that we have found. Both the kids & I use this brand in a variety of projects.
Markers & Pens
6. Permanent Sharpie Markers – Of course, for younger kids, these need supervision or you may find permanent artwork on places you’d prefer not to. There are some art projects that welcome a non-smearing or fading marker & these fit the bill! 30 colors of Sharpies
7. Chalk Markers by Kassa – The colors are vibrant & go on smooth! We love using these vs regular chalk, less dust & sticks to surfaces better.
8. Arteza Gel Pens (metallic) – Love this brand for all kinds of gel pens! They seem to not “smudge” like other brands. You can buy replacement cartridges so it is less waste & saves money!
Glue & Sealer
9. Mod Podge Water-based Sealer, Glue & Decoupage Finish (gloss version) & (matte version). They have a variety of different kinds of sealers depending on your project needs.
10. Gorilla Dual Temp Glue Gun – Parent supervision for younger kids. We like this brand for a smaller glue gun – this set even comes with the sticks!
Thank you for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed this post on making mini CLAY DONUTS!
Please share with us by commenting below if you tried this DIY & what you used your donuts for?
Blessings in Jesus Name,
Sofia & Kim
*Classy Kids Create offers ideas for crafts, DIY’s & Activities that may not be suitable for all ages. Please use your discretion on what is best and safest for your child. Some steps in our tutorials may need adult assistance (like the use of certain glues or paint).
Please keep in mind that the kids testing these activities are in their tween years & have been crafting since they were toddlers. (Some steps, like spray paint or use of strong glue I do completely for them)