Here are four quick & easy project ideas to create simple DIY fall decor. You could pick up these items at most dollar stores or use items you have on hand. Each item cost less than $2 to create! You can download the printables I used for these projects (along with a few more) for FREE!
Download & print your fall FREE printables OR
If you’d like to learn how to create your own designs and printables just head over to my second channel on YouTube, Creative DIY Purpose DESIGN, where I offer video tutorials using Canva.
These printables and many more were created over at Canva! It is so fun & easy to use!
Unlock 1,000’s of Graphics & more with CanvaPro!** – I have created over 5.000 designs using Canva, it is very user-friendly and offers unlimited design options!
Creative DIY Purpose engages in affiliate marketing whereby we receive funds through clicks to our affiliate program through this website or through the sale of goods or services on or through this website. We also accept advertising and sponsorships from commercial businesses or receive other forms of advertising compensation. This disclosure is intended to comply with the US Federal Trade Commission Rules on marketing and advertising, as well as any other legal requirements which may apply. Our disclosure policy.
What are DIY Transfers?
For today’s projects, you can use any of See this post that explains different DIY transfer methods along with a video tutorial.
5 Easy Inkjet Printer DIY Image Transfer Methods.
Waterslide Decals that need to be Pre-Sealed
See this post that explains how to create & apply waterslide decals that need to be spray sealed prior to applying. This post also includes a video tutorial.
Custom Waterslide Decal DIY Transfers
What Types of Materials can Waterslide Decals Adhere to?
This post gives you more information on using “No Spray” Waterslide Decals
How to use “No Spray” Waterslide Decals
For today’s projects, I will be testing out “No Spray” Waterslide Decals by Koala.
- Find the images you want to print & transfer
- Gather your supplies
- Print your images onto the bright white side of the waterslide paper (Laser OR Basic Inkjet Printer)
- Cut out your images to the size desired
- Dip the decal into the dish of water (checking
- Apply a few drops of water onto your item
- The decal is ready to apply when it can easily slide off the paper (you only want to slide it about half of an inch or less before applying to your item)
- Lay the exposed part of the decal onto your item, keeping it in place with the side of your thumb.
- Gently pull the paper backing out from under the decal.
- Move your decal into place
- Remove bubbles with a clean cloth. Gently press down & slide the bubbles to the edge of the decal to escape.
- You can apply a sealer over the top of your finished project if you choose.
I applied a coat of Krylon Triple Spray Sealer over the tags because I added ink around the edges and wanted to seal it in.
Pin Now to Save for Later!
Where Can I Find Free Printables?
You can find the same fall printables I used today that are ready to download & print, right here @ Fall Printables of Tags, Banners & Signs. You can also find beautiful VINTAGE fall printables over at TheGraphicsFairy.com, Karen offers both a wonderful free & paid version.
More Free Printables you may Like:
Vintage Thrift Haul & Free Printable Tags
Upcycled Home Decor & Free Printables!
Free Printable Floral Tags for Spring!
DIY Transfers – Create & Apply to Your Projects!
Quick & Simple Thrift Store Makeovers
Materials & Tools
- Game blocks, small drawer, glass vase cylinders & metal tags
- Shallow dish with room temp water
- No Spray Waterslide Decal Paper
- Inkjet or laser printer (here is an HP Inkjet printer like mine)
- Clean cloth or paper towel
*These items can usually be found in thrift or dollar stores
Head over to my DIY Channel to watch these DIYs & more!
DIY Fall Decor Project #1 – Metal Tag
I purchased a pack of two metal tags from the Dollar Tree. I then took a black ink pad & pressed it along the edges to create an aged look. Another reason I included this step was that my pattern was slightly smaller than the metal tags.
You could print the tags out on tissue paper and glue them onto a piece of wood cut out in the shape of a tag or even a thick piece of cardboard.
The printable that I used can be found HERE!
DIY Fall Decor Project #2 – Candle Holders
These waterslide decals worked beautifully on these glass cylinders & super easy to make! I added some rice inside of the vases and stuck a tapered candlestick inside. The rice holds the candle in place firmly but you could use dried beans instead. Other options are to use battery-operated candles, dried flowers or remove the filler and add treats or fresh flowers
The printable I used can be found HERE!
DIY Fall Decor Project #3 – Wooden Blocks
My sister gave me a box of Jenga wooden blocks to repurpose. I know the Dollar Tree has its own version of the blocks found in their game/toys section. I used Gorilla wood glue and a brush and glued four blocks together. Then I brushed one coat of Folk Art multi-surface paint in white onto the entire project. Then I applied the waterslide decals onto the front. The printable that I used can be found HERE!
DIY Fall Decor Project #4 – Tiny Decorative Drawer
This was such an easy project. I purchased the mini drawer from the Dollar Tree and then I applied the waterslide decal that I printed my design on. The printable I used can be found HERE! Then I applied some faux pumpkins, gourds & Spanish moss to the bottom to cover up the space where the decal didn’t cover.
Friends, I want to thank you so much for joining me today! Let me know if you have any questions and if you will be using any of these FALL PRINTABLES for your projects 🙂
Shop this Post & My Favorite Products:
- DEWALT 20V MAX Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch, Cordless Kit
- Reynold’s Freezer Paper – (for printable transfers)
- DAS Air Dry Clay (white clay) OR (terra cotta clay) OR (stone-colored clay)
- *Gesso Surface Prep Medium, 16-oz, White
- Rice Paper (for decoupage) – This is the exact paper and seller I purchase from
- ON AMAZON Hayes *Waterslide Decal Paper for Inkjet Printer and Waterslide Decal for Laser Printer OR
- Waterslide Decals, Sublimination Paper, or Heat Transfer Paper Directly from Hayes Paper Company –
- NO SPRAY Waterslide Decal Paper by Koala
- E6000 glue – https://amzn.to/329hrZe
- *HP INKJET Printer (my HP model is no longer made but this is similar) – Basic, easy to use
- Wax & Chalkpaint Brush – https://amzn.to/3kiZ5dQ
- Polycrylic Sealer by Minwax (Brush on)
- Water-Based Poly Sealer by Varathane (Brush on)
- 10 pcs Wooden Knobs (feet or toppers) – https://amzn.to/3ruQd9a
- Lavender (faux) is AMAZING for the price
- Oil-based Paint Marker by Sharpie (set of 3)
- Krylon Triple Glaze Spray
- Mod Podge – 32 oz. Matte Finish, Gloss Finish, or Dishwasher Safe Finish
*“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” Some links are affiliate links from which I earn a small commission at no extra cost.
Vintage Inspired 5×5″ CLOCK Printable
DOWNLOAD FALL CLOCKS HERE for PDF or HERE for JPG
Leave a Reply