What is it about SPRINKLES that make them so eye-appealing? Even these fake clay SPRINKLES look AMAZING! Learn how to make these simple, colorful Fake Clay SPRINKLES! They are so FUN to make & can be used to decorate countless projects!
Welcome friend! Today, my KIDS & I are excited to show you how we made these colorful clay sprinkles. In this post, we will share with you what supplies you will need and some tips & tricks for success.
We will also share some ideas on what you can use your fake SPRINKLES on.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
What Can I Use my Fake Sprinkles for?
They can be used for just about anything! (besides eating, lol).
- Add to other clay creations like SPRINKLE DONUTS
- Fill a small glass jar with sprinkles & add a battery-operated candle inside
- Add to hair clips or other hair accessories
- Apply to necklaces or other jewelry
- Add to sunglasses
- Glue on to squishies
You may need to add a thin coat of Mod Podge over your sprinkles depending on what type of items you are applying them to. Sealing them will help with durability & help retain their colors.
Tips & Tricks
- Store your sprinkles in an air-tight container after cutting. A vitamin pill box works great for multiple colors or reusable glass jars work if u want to add all of your sprinkles together.
- If your clay strips are wavy before you bake them just lightly tug on the end to straighten them on the pan.
- If your clay extruder makes an annoying squeaking sound just apply some light oil (we used Avocado oil) with a cloth. It also helps it move smoother.
- For pastel shades just add some white or cream clay to the color you pick.
Materials for Colorful Fake Sprinkles
Tools for Colorful Fake Sprinkles
- Clay Extruder– comes with 20 discs ( Can also be used to make edible SPRINKLES)
- Oven (preheated to 225*)
- Parchment paper-lined baking pan (Here is our favorite eco-friendly brand)
- Airtight jar for storage
How to Make Fake Sprinkles
- Grab your supplies & preheat your oven to 225*
- Open one of the colors of clay you have chosen & knead it to make is pliable.
- Take a small amount & place inside your clay extruder.
- Make your SPRINKLE rope & lay each piece flat (not touching others) onto your lined baking sheet
Bake, Cool & Cut your Fake SPRINKLES
5. Place your lined cookie sheet with your donuts into the preheated oven
6. Set your timer for 8 minutes
7. Remove your baking sheet from the oven & let cool.
8. Once your SPRINKLE rope has cooled take scissors & cut to desired length & store in an air-tight jar.
Can I Make fake SPRINKLES without a Clay Extruder?
- You can use a cake decorating bag & round tip (for jimmies)
- Roll the clay thin & cut out random small shapes (for confetti)
- Use a rolling pin & flatten your clay into a small thin strip, then bake for 10 minutes at 225*. You can then use a hole punch or straw (for confetti)
You May Also Like
Pin Now to Save for Later!
Shop Our Favorite CRAFT & DIY Supplies for KIDS!
Here are our FAVORITE art & craft supplies for KIDS! They have been KID tested & Mom approved! These items will be used in countless craft and DIY projects that we will be sharing with you! I have added the shopping links to the products below so you can have these items on hand as well!
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint (extra bottles of white for the look of icing)
- Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint by Plaid (even though it’s very inexpensive we have never had a problem with coverage or paint drying out.
- Kassa Watercolor Set – Painting Kit for Kids & Adults – Bundle Includes Water Brush Pen (3 Assorted Sizes), Water Color Paper (30 Sheets) & Watercolor Paint Set (21 Colors) – I can not say enough about the quality of this set – and it is mess-free!
4. Sculpey Polymer Clay – I could do an entire post just on the different things my kids create each week with this amazing clay!
5. Air Dry Clay by DAS– This is the easiest to work with brand that we have found. Both the kids & I use this brand in a variety of projects.
Markers & Pens
6. Permanent Sharpie Markers – Of course, for younger kids, these need supervision or you may find permanent artwork on places you’d prefer not to. There are some art projects that welcome a non-smearing or fading marker & these fit the bill! 30 colors of Sharpies
7. Chalk Markers by Kassa – The colors are vibrant & go on smooth! We love using these vs regular chalk, less dust & sticks to surfaces better.
8. Arteza Gel Pens (metallic) – Love this brand for all kinds of gel pens! They seem to not “smudge” like other brands. You can buy replacement cartridges so it is less waste & saves money!
Glue & Sealer
9. Mod Podge Water-based Sealer, Glue & Decoupage Finish (gloss version) & (matte version). They have a variety of different kinds of sealers depending on your project needs.
10. Gorilla Dual Temp Glue Gun – Parent supervision for younger kids. We like this brand for a smaller glue gun – this set even comes with the sticks!
Thank you for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed this post on making CLAY SPRINKLES!
Please share with us by commenting below what items you would like to add these colorful SPRINKLES on?
Kim & her tween team