What could be cuter than these smiling paper cats? Here is an easy kitty cat paper crafts for KIDS that can be made in only a few minutes.
What makes them super fun is that they can sit on their own or can be stacked into a tower! They turn out as cute decorations KIDS are sure to love!
Today Sofia is going to show you how she made these papercraft 3D cat towers. You can make just one or make 3 or 4 and stack them as a tower.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Pin Now for Later
I chose to make cats because they are one of my FAVORITE animals. You can easily make these into dogs, rabbits, goats, cows, or just about anything you want. Just add your own creative style.
For this tutorial, I used 6×6 inch cardstock but you can use any size square you want. If you want to make your creations “stackable” just be sure to use the same size squares for each cat.
Tools & Materials paper craft for kids
- 6 colors of cardstock
- tape or glue
- pen or paint
Ready to Create this Papercraft for KIDS!
- Gather your tools & materials.
- Cut 3 pieces of cardstock into 6 by 6 inch squares or buy them precut (You can buy them in packs at Dollar General)
.3. To make the ears: mark the top of both corners 1 inch diagonally
4. Cut one of the diagonal marks and cut across to the other one. This makes the ears & top of their heads.
5. Take each piece of cardstock & fold them in half.
6. Open them up & lay each one on to the next. The first half of the cat will cover the second half of the next one.
7. Take a piece of tape and place it on the folded edge in front of one and in the back of each piece. You will need 3 folded-over pieces of tape. One for each side.
8. Then join the last two folded-over pieces & it will make a triangle shape.
9. Once you smooth out each edge you can add a piece of tape lengthwise on all 3 sides or you could use glue.
10. Draw faces on all six cats. (eyes, nose, mouth & whiskers)
Make as many as you wish! See how many you can stack! You can even use your new 3D Cat as a pen & pencil holder!
Creative Options for this Papercraft for KIDS!
You can use tape, glue, pen, paint, gel pens, etc. If you want you can use some colorful washi tape on the sides for some extra fun!
You can use any size of cardstock you want. Just make sure that all 6 pieces are the same size.
Helpful Tips for this paper craft for KIDS!
Make sure edges are lined up before you put them all together. When folding each cat in half you want a clean smooth fold. You can run your fold over with the flat side of a pen or pencil to iron it down.