Here are 70 “memory-making” summer activities for KIDS that they will LOVE! You will also love these ideas because they are budget-friendly, simple & fun for them!
These “must-have” fun ideas promote creativity, joy & learning. I have included a free printable list of these boredom buster ideas just for you!
Pin Now for Later!
Summer Activities for KIDS! – a list for Tweens!
It is official! School is out for summer! I have loved hearing that phrase for almost 50 years! It brings excitement, fun, and anticipation for the upcoming months.
I can’t believe the last two of my kiddos are now officially tweens! One just started and the other will be a teen next year! Seems like it was just yesterday that my two oldest boys were that age. (hmmm, more like two decades ago – WHOA!
We are writing out our summer “wish list” and planning a relaxing, fun-filled summer. We are making two lists: one for home activities and one for travel & exploring.
Don’t we all know time really flies? Let’s get ready to make the most out of every moment this summer! Come join us as we share with you 70 ideas for at-home SUMMER FUN!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
70 Summer Activities for KIDS! – Tween at Home Ideas
Most of the ideas on this list can be enjoyed by many ages. I just got together with my two tweens and together we compiled this at-home list that we hope you’ll enjoy!
- Water balloons toss
- Read a book outside
- Craft something out of clay
- Make a frozen treat & eat!
- Run under a sprinkler
- Upcycle something
- Donate something to someone
- Go a day without tv, gaming the or internet
- Celebrate each day!
- Random DANCE party & SING
- Pray for yourself & others
- Collect rocks or twigs & paint them
- Nature scavenger hunt
- Chase lighting bugs
- Make a bird feeder
- Learn new to you bible verses
- Make a refreshing drink from fruit – Like this YUMMY lemonade!
- Play in the sand
- Make hopscotch & play
- Plant some seeds or a plant
- Make a volcano
- Practice your math skills
- Make a necklace or bracelet
- Read a chapter in the bible
- Make a windsock or windchimes
- Have a picnic on a blanket
- Play a card or board game outside
- Play badminton or frisbee
- Clean/organize your dresser or closet
- Make water balloon piñatas (party-size balloons)
- Make a picture showing summer fun!
- Try a science experiment
- Try a new food or recipe – Like this YUMMY recipe!
- Pick a recipe & help make it!
- Go on a nature walk
- Design your own game
- Take a bubble bath or foot soak!
- Learn a new word definition each week
- Watch a sunset & take a photo
More Summer Activities for KIDS!
- Do something kind for someone
- Make a card or note & mail it
- Pick flowers or veggies from the garden
- Paint something
- Make S’mores
- Make bubbles (you are never too old!)
- Lay on a blanket & watch the clouds
- Research the galaxy or ocean depths
- Keep a summer-long journal
- Collect something all summer long
- Go bird watching & take photos
- Water target practice with squirt guns
- Make music with random things
- Learn a new skill
- Play frisbee
- Pitch a tent or make a canopy & hang out
- Do a word search or crossword
- Jump rope or hula hoop
- Make a picture or design with crayons
- Make a milkshake, smoothie, slushie, or sundae
- Have fun watering the garden or lawn
- Make a marshmallow launcher
- Exercise each day for 30 minutes
- Make a bean bag toss game & play!
- Get up early & eat breakfast outside
- Make something for someone
- Make popsicles
- Tie-dye something (dye or Sharpies)
- Try a “new to you” sports activity
- See how many pages you can read in 1 day
You can download this simple SUMMER FUN for KIDS! checklist HERE & print when you’re ready! –
Pin Now for Later
You May Also Like
Shop Our Favorite CRAFT & DIY Supplies for KIDS!
Here are our FAVORITE art & craft supplies for KIDS! They have been KID tested & Mom approved! These items will be used in countless craft and DIY projects that we will be sharing with you! I have added the shopping links to the products below so you can have these items on hand as well!
- Tulip Dimensional Fabric Paint (extra bottles of white for the look of icing)
- Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint by Plaid (even though it’s inexpensive, we have never had a problem with coverage or paint drying out.
- Kassa Watercolor Set – Painting Kit for Kids & Adults – Bundle Includes Water Brush Pen (3 Assorted Sizes), Water Color Paper (30 Sheets) & Watercolor Paint Set (21 Colors) – I can not say enough about the quality of this set – and it is mess-free!
4. Sculpey Polymer Clay – I could do an entire post just on the different things my kids create each week with this amazing clay!
5. Air Dry Clay by DAS– This is the easiest to work with brand that we have found. Both the kids & I use this brand in a variety of projects.
Markers & Pens
6. Permanent Sharpie Markers – Of course, for younger kids, these need supervision or you may find permanent artwork in places you’d prefer not to. There are some art projects that welcome a non-smearing or fading marker & these fit the bill! 30 colors of Sharpies
7. Chalk Markers by Kassa – The colors are vibrant & go on smooth! We love using these vs regular chalk, less dust & sticks to surfaces better.
8. Arteza Gel Pens (metallic) – I love this brand for all kinds of gel pens! They seem to not “smudge” like other brands. You can buy replacement cartridges so it is less waste & saves money!
Glue & Sealer
9. Mod Podge Water-based Sealer, Glue & Decoupage Finis (gloss version) & (matte version). They have various kinds of sealers depending on your project needs.
10. Gorilla Dual Temp Glue Gun – Parent supervision for younger kids. We like this brand for a smaller glue gun – this set even comes with the sticks!
Thank you for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed this post on 70 ideas for summer activities at home for tweens!
Please share with us by commenting below what your tween’s FAVORITE summer activities are! Did they try any ideas that were found on our list?
Kim & her tween team