There are so many things that you will love about this upcycle glass bottle DIY! This waterless snow globe with your kid(s) or fur babies photos is a handmade gift or ornament that will be cherished for many years. It is simple, quick, budget-friendly & eco-friendly all in one project!
Pin Now to Save for Later!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Don’t you just love a good upcycle or repurpose project? One where you can take an item that most people would throw away & give it a fresh new makeover or purpose.
Today’s project will not disappoint! Loaded with all the positives of a good trash to treasure DIY. Plus, it makes a personal handmade gift or a memorable piece of holiday decor.
See this video & SUBSCRIBE for more DIY Projects
This channel is fully dedicated to DIY Home Decor, Thrift Store Flips, & Vintage treasures! If you are interested in watching more, make sure to subscribe. I would love to have you join me!
Materials & Tools I used for Upcycled Glass Snowglobes
- Empty glass jars (clean & sticker free)
- My favorite glue gun – Gorilla Glue
- Cardstock for photo (you can use photo paper)
- Faux snow (snowballs & sparkle snow)
- Bakers twine & embellishments
- White chalk pen (to write the year on top)
- Wood dowel or pencil to help put photo in position when gluing
- Paint for the jar lid (we used Brushed Copper spray paint by Rustoleum)
How to Make an Upcycled Glass Snow Globe
- Find some empty glass jars with lids. Be sure that the tops are wide enough to beable to insert your photo through the top.
- Clean the label & glue off your jar. I use lemon essential oil or goo gone & magic eraser for stubborn stickers. Wiping down your jar with rubbing alcohol will remove any oil or spots.
- Next, cut your photograph to the size of the jar. (We printed our photo on cardstock after adding the background image on Canva.com)
- Fold the bottom of your photo over to make a “stand or base” this will allow your piece to stand and for a place to hold the glue.
- Once your image is glued down its time to add the snow! (We added just under an inch per jar).
- Add your lid & embellishments!
I hope you enjoyed this simple upcycled project and that you will make your version this holiday season! It’s a fun project to make with kids and a wonderful gift for Grandparents 😉