Today, let’s look at a few creative ways to use these Vintage-Inspired Clockface image printables! DIY image transfers we will be applying were printed on rice paper, freezer paper, & waterslide decal paper. We will be upcycling a few discarded pieces as well as some thrifted home decor but they can be applied to just about anything you choose!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Materials & Tools for Today’s Projects
- Basic Inkjet Printer -I use an old HP Printer but here is a similar model and the one I will most likely purchase next
- Rice Paper
- Waterslide decals
- Freezer paper
- An item that you will be applying the transfer to
- Rubber Scraper –to smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles (I have seen others use plastic wrap with success but use what is best for you)
- Clockface Image- I created these printables using the Pro Version on Canva.com and some french ads I found over at Thegraphicsfairy.com. They are both wonderful resources for printable vintage images & graphics, both sites offer free and paid versions.
Pin Now for Later!
DIY Image Transfer Methods
There are five easy image transfer methods that we have been looking at this month. Waterslide decals, freezer paper, rice paper, tissue paper, and iron-on transfers. Next week we will look at Waterslide Decals!
For a closer look at those five types of transfers – 5 Easy Inkjet Printer DIY Image Transfers
Freezer paper transfer info can be found at DIY Transfers – Freezer Paper Image Transfers!
My rice paper transfer post is here at DIY Rice Paper Image Transfers
I started to create and share FREE Printables here on my blog you can find them @ https://creativediypurpose.com/category/free-printables/.
New printables are added each week and I am currently taking requests for ideas on future printables!
DOWNLOAD HERE Vintage Ad Lavender Clockface (pdf)
Upcycling Home Decor using DIY Transfers
We will be finishing up our DIY Image Transfer Series with the next tutorial next week on WATERSLIDE DECALS!
Our Sunday videos & blog posts will focus on using our DIY image transfers on Vintage Inspired Upcycled Decor & trash to treasure projects 🙂
Then we will head into the requested tutorials using Canva.com so be sure to let me know any questions you have!
Pin Now for Later!
View this DIY Video & SUBSCRIBE for More!
How do I Seal my DIY Transfers?
I use the spray sealer from Rustoleum to seal my waterslide decals (3x’s) prior to applying them to a surface. I will be trying a different brand of spray sealer for my next set of projects Krylon Triple Sealer. Along with trying out Mod Podge dishwasher safe sealer that came highly recommended by my creative viewers!
You May Also Like
Please let me know which is your favorite clockface image AND what you will be creating with them!
Shop this Post & My Favorite Products:
- DEWALT 20V MAX Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch, Cordless Kit
- *Reynold’s Freezer Paper – (for printable transfers)
- DAS Air Dry Clay (white clay) OR (terra cotta clay) OR (stone-colored clay)
- Gesso Surface Prep Medium, 16-oz, White
- *Rice Paper (for decoupage) – This is the exact paper and seller I purchase from
- *Waterslide Decal Paper (for inkjet printer)
- E6000 glue – https://amzn.to/329hrZe
- *HP INKJET Printer (my HP model is no longer made but this is similar) Basic, easy to use
- Wax & Chalkpaint Brush – https://amzn.to/3kiZ5dQ
- Polycrylic Sealer by Minwax (Brush on)
- Water-Based Poly Sealer by Varathane (Brush on)
- 10 pcs Wooden Knobs (feet or toppers) – https://amzn.to/3ruQd9a
- Lavender (faux) is AMAZING for the price
- Oil-based Paint Marker by Sharpie (set of 3)
*“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” Some links are affiliate links from which I earn a small commission at no extra cost.
**Creative DIY Purpose engages in affiliate marketing whereby we receive funds through clicks to our affiliate program through this website or through the sale of goods or services on or through this website.
We also accept advertising and sponsorships from commercial businesses or receive other forms of advertising compensation. This disclosure is intended to comply with the US Federal Trade Commission Rules on marketing and advertising, as well as any other legal requirements which may apply. Our disclosure policy.