Are you looking for a quick & easy way to add a festive touch for the upcoming holiday? Here are 2 free printable pages to make folded fans for 4th of July decorations! You can use them today or save them for later!
Today, I am going to share with you how I made these festive holiday fans in only a few minutes. I have included both patterns for you to print! For other Quick & Easy 4th of July, DIY party decor check out 4th of July Decor DIY Flower Vase & 4th of July Banner DIY – Free Printable!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Tips & Tricks for 4th of July Decorations
These are not traditional paper folded fans due to the fact I didn’t make them to open & close. My goal was an easy to make piece that is made quickly.
You can make them into traditional fans by gluing a stick at two ends next to each other. Make sure not to glue the center like I did or it won’t open & close properly.
- Clothespins or clips are your BFF for this project
- You can use cardstock (I did for the smaller one) but it is more challenging to fold tight & get the center to line up)
- Small fans use 2 sheets of paper and the larger uses 4 – you can mix & match these prints any way you choose.
- When you are gluing each folded strip to the next START from the end of the paper then go down to the bottom (when it will be the center of your fan) This helps ensure the ends are all even and you get a more even look.
Materials & Tools for 4th of July Decorations
- 2 wooden sticks (the small one is about popsicle size the larger is about 10-12″)
- Printer paper (4 sheets for the big fan & 2 for small fan)
- Mod Podge or Glue
- Clothespins or clips
How to Make 4th of July Folded Fans
- Download & print out the fan pages – Print 2 sheets for the small fan & 4 sheets for the larger fan
Triple Pattern (seen on the small fan)
Stars & Stripes Pattern (seen on the larger fan)
- For smaller fans fold on the (width) short side of the paper
For larger fans fold on the (length) long side of the paper
using an accordion-style fold – alternating front to back.
3. Once you have your pages folded then take the folded strip & fold it over in the middle and clip the base with a clothespin (you want a nice flat, tight fold)
4. Then apply glue to one end of a strip & glue it to the next. Starting at the edge of the paper working your way down to the bottom (which will be the center of your fan)
5. Once you have your circle complete add glue to any spot that needs it on the front or back. Especially in the center, you may have to add some glue & pins to get a tight fit.
6. To add your stick just find a fold that’s not on a seam, and glue the stick down and glue to paper fold over the top & pin till dry.
Pin Now to Save for Later!
You May Also Like
How to Make a Quick & Easy Soothing Foot Soak
Tin Can Craft – Ways to Upcycle & Decorate
DIY Wood Sign Upcycle to Farmhouse Decor
How to Make Quality Eco-Friendly Beeswax Wraps
How to Make Beeswax Candles Quick & Easy
Come Subscribe to Our Channel on YouTube
Thank you for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoyed this simple DIY 4th of July flower vase. Please share by commenting below and tell me if you handmade any of your holiday decor? If so, what did you make?