What is summer without some water play FUN? Bursting these pinata water balloons is the perfect game to cool kids down on hot summer days!
Today we will share with you some fun water-filled balloon games to try. Along with how to create a piñata water balloon game that kids are sure to love!
This summer I wanted an afternoon where we tried to see what water balloon game ideas we could come up with. One pack of balloons kept them busy for a couple of hours & provided not only a cool down but a great summer memory!
If you end up having leftover balloons there are some really cool science experiments to check out. Some of our favorites, like Mystery Balloon Pop from Steve Spangler are educational & fun! His website is amazing & packed full of a variety of interesting, educational science experiments.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Fun water balloon games for KIDS!
If you give your kid(s) a hose and balloons it will keep them busy for hours! I did just that & mine came up with a few different versions we wanted to share:
- Try filling the balloons up full of water only (this the kids could do on their own) they are too heavy to hang but placed on the ground to hit or kick like a soccer ball or thrown in the air then splashes down was a fun cool down.
- Set up a hula hoop or some sort of ring tilted on the ground so they can throw the balloon through & one child can stand in back of it so their feet get wet (our house rule is no throwing or shooting water above the knees & my kids are really good about it).
- Try filling the balloon up about 1/2 way with water & tie them off then tossing the balloon down on the trampoline & tried getting them to bounce up to the next person. They also played toss with them, hot potato & soccer.
For the piñata game depending on how low your balloons go, kids can sit under them and hit them above their heads or walk up & hit them. We chose not to do the blindfolded version but that could be an option for older kids too.
Materials & tools for water balloon games
- water hose
- 10 pack of party balloons (12 inch)
- party size balloons
- stick or bat ‘
- clothesline or rope to make a makeshift one
Setting up water pinata game
- put the mouth of a party balloon around the hose nozzle (be careful that it doesn’t rip)
- slowly turn on the water (or unkink your hose if far away from the faucet)
- only fill the balloon 1/4 or 1/5 with water
- have an adult blow the balloon up full
- tie off the balloon onto your rope
Once you have all of the balloons lined up, it is time for the COOL DOWN!
You May Also Like
Air Dry Clay Ideas for KIDS!
DIY Windsock using Tin Cans
Memory Making Fall Activities for Kids!
DIY Planter from Upcycled Paint Cans
Pin Now to Save for Later!
Please Join Us on Pinterest!
Thank you for stopping by! We hope you enjoyed this post
Please share with us by commenting below if you have tried this fun activity. What is your kid(s) summer activity?
Kim & her Tween team
*Classy Kids Create offers ideas for crafts, DIY’s & Activities that may not be suitable for all ages. Please use your discretion on what is best and safest for your child. Some steps in our tutorials may need adult assistance (like the use of certain glues or paint).
Please keep in mind that the kids testing these activities are in their tween years & have been crafting since they were toddlers. (Some steps, like spray paint or use of strong glue I do completely for them)
Leave a Reply